The Island Queen Ferry
Helpful hints and frequently asked questions about the Island Queen Ferry to Martha’s Vineyard.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Falmouth Ticket Office
– Credit Cards, Cash and Travelers Checks are accepted.
- Parking Lots and Onboard Ticket Purchase
– Cash and Travelers checks only.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- We are a seasonal passenger only ferry service
- Operating from late May to mid-October
- Ticket Windows and Parking Lots are open daily. Beginning at 8:00AM.
TICKETS & BOARDING
- Ferry tickets are open ended for any day and departure time
- Reservations are not required
- Falmouth Boarding
– Passengers are guaranteed placement on the boat when inside our Boarding Area in Falmouth.
- Oak Bluffs Boarding
– Passengers should arrive to the Oak Bluffs Boarding Area at least 45-minutes in advance of departure. As placement on the boat is on a first to arrive basis.
- Passengers may bring bicycles, kayaks, surf & paddle boards for an additional fee.
- Pets are welcome, free of charge, if properly leashed or crated.
- Sailing time is 35 minutes from Falmouth Harbor to Oak Bluffs, Martha’s Vineyard.
- A full service Snack Bar is available. Offering a variety of snacks, beer, wine, liquor, water, juice, and soda.
- Men’s and Women’s Restrooms are located onboard the main deck.
- For a brief history of the Island Queen and our company CLICK HERE
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS: In the unlikely event of cancelled sailings due to weather conditions, the Island Queen parking lots will be open for vehicle retrieval, during the hours listed on that day’s sailing schedule. Alternative transportation, including other ferry and taxi services, will be at the passenger’s expense. Passengers are entitled to full refunds on the unused portion of their ferry tickets.