When You Arrive
Here is information about what to expect when you arrive at the Island Queen Ferry in Falmouth.
- Each sailing offers a delightful 35 minute cruise across the sparkling waters of Vineyard Sound between Falmouth, Cape Cod and Oak Bluffs on Martha’s Vineyard.
- A full service snack bar and restrooms are available aboard the Island Queen Ferry.
- Credit cards, cash and travelers checks are accepted at the Island Queen ticket windows in Falmouth.
- Parking Lots and Onboard Vessel purchases accept cash and travelers checks only.
- We are a passenger only ferry service.
- We do not accept motor vehicles.
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to departure for parking and ticketing, especially during July & August.
- Ferry tickets are open ended for any day and departure time and are not a reservation.
- During our summer schedule, you are guaranteed placement on the boat once you have entered our Boarding Area in Falmouth, Cape Cod and have been counted as a passenger.
- In Oak Bluffs, Martha’s Vineyard we recommend you arrive 45 minutes in advance of your chosen departure as placement on the boat is on a first to arrive basis.
- Handicap restrooms are available at our Falmouth dock, prior to departure.
- The main deck of the vessel is accessible to wheelchairs and electric scooters.
- We welcome pets who are properly leashed or crated at no charge.
- For your convenience, the Island Queen Ferry to Martha’s Vineyard adheres to the published schedule.
- We are not responsible for inconveniences caused by weather or unforeseen situations.
Please check this website for Travel Alerts.