First of all, here are some helpful hints and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Island Queen Ferry to Martha’s Vineyard. Such as, boarding information, ticket information, hours of operation, and more!
In addition, The Island Queen Ferry provides the following information about traveling aboard our vessel to Martha’s Vineyard. Also, we have two conveniently located parking lots.
Method of Payment
- Falmouth Ticket Office
– Credit Cards, Cash and Travelers Checks are accepted.
- Oak Bluffs
– Ticket maybe purchased Onboard (Cash Only)
- Parking Lots and Onboard Ticket Purchase
– Cash and Travelers checks only.
Hours of Operation
- Open at 8:00AM to Last Sailing
- Operating from late May to mid-October
- Ticket Windows and Parking Lots are open daily.
Tickets + Boarding Information
- Since our Ferry tickets are open ended, therefore are good for any day and departure time
- Also, Reservations are not required
- Falmouth Boarding
– Passengers are guaranteed placement on the boat when inside our Boarding Area in Falmouth.
- Oak Bluffs Boarding
– Passengers should arrive to the Oak Bluffs Boarding Area at least 45-minutes in advance of departure. As placement on the boat is on a first to arrive basis.
- Furthermore, Passengers may bring bicycles, kayaks, surf & paddle boards for an additional fee.
- In addition, Pets are welcome, free of charge, if properly leashed or crated.
About the Vessel
- Since we are a passenger only ferry, our sailing time is 35 minutes from Falmouth Harbor to Oak Bluffs, Martha’s Vineyard.
- Also, a full service Snack Bar is available. Offering a variety of snacks, beer, wine, liquor, water, juice, and soda.
- And, our Men’s and Women’s Restrooms are located onboard the main deck.
- History history of the Island Queen and our company
Contact us for fore information.
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS: In the unlikely event of cancelled sailings due to weather conditions, the Island Queen parking lots will be open for vehicle retrieval, during the hours listed on that day’s sailing schedule. Alternate transportation, including other ferry and taxi services, will be at the passenger’s expense. Passengers are entitled to full refunds on the unused portion of their ferry tickets.