Frequently Asked Questions
We hope this page will provide additional information about the Island Queen Ferry and answer your questions regarding passenger ticketing, vessel boarding, sailing schedule and more!
Method of Payment
- Falmouth Ticket Office
– Credit Cards, Cash and Travelers Checks are accepted.
- Oak Bluffs Departures
– Tickets may be purchased onboard at the snack bar (Cash Only).
- Parking Lots in Falmouth
– Cash and Travelers checks only.
Hours of Operation
- Falmouth Ticket Windows & Parking Lots open daily at 8:00AM
- Ferry service is season and operates from late May until mid-October.
Tickets + Boarding Information
- Ferry tickets are open ended and valid for any day and on any sailing. We recommend you arrive at least 45-minutes prior to your chosen departure time, especially during the months of July and August.
- Reservations are not available (except for groups of 20 or more passengers).
- Falmouth Boarding:
– Passengers are guaranteed placement on the boat once inside our Boarding Area.
- Oak Bluffs Boarding:
– Passengers should arrive to the Oak Bluffs Boarding Area at least 45-minutes in advance of departure. As placement on the boat is on a first-to-arrive basis.
- Passengers may bring bicycles, kayaks, surf & paddle boards onboard, for an additional fee.
- Pets are welcome, free of charge, if properly leashed or crated.
Inter-Island Ferry Service
For passengers travelling to Nantucket from Falmouth, or who wish to “island hop” between Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket, the Island Queen offers several departures that match well with the Hy-Line Cruises Inter-Island Ferry schedule.
- Island Queen passengers departing Falmouth at 9:00am and 10:30am may depart at 12:05pm or 3:00pm aboard Hy-Line Cruises Inter-Island Ferry to Nantucket. Click HERE for Inter-Island Ferry Schedule.
- Hy-Line Cruises passengers departing Nantucket at 10:30am may depart Oak Bluffs, Martha’s Vineyard at 2:15pm or 3:45pm aboard the Island Queen ferry. Hy-Line Cruises passengers departing Nantucket at 1:40pm may depart Oak Bluffs, Martha’s Vineyard at 3:45pm aboard the Island Queen ferry. Click HERE for Inter-Island Ferry Schedule.
- For Hy-Line Cruises ticket information and to confirm Inter-Island sailing departures, please call (800) 492-8082.
About the Vessel
- Sailing time is 35 minutes from Falmouth Harbor, Cape Cod to Oak Bluffs, Martha’s Vineyard.
- A full-service Snack Bar is available, offering a variety of snacks, beer, wine, liquor, water, juice, and soda.
- Restrooms are available onboard the vessel.
- History history of the Island Queen and our company
In the unlikely event of cancelled sailings due to weather conditions, the Island Queen parking lots will be open for vehicle retrieval, during the hours listed on that day’s sailing schedule. Alternate transportation, including other ferry and taxi services, will be at the passenger’s expense. Passengers are entitled to full refunds on the unused portion of their ferry tickets.