Frequently Asked Questions
Advanced bookings are recommended and available for purchase at www.IslandQueen.com or on the Island Queen App available on the Apple App Store and on Google Play.
Commuter Pass holders will need to make their reservations in person at the Falmouth Dock Ticket Office, upon arrival.
Tickets Are Non-Refundable
- Reservations may be moved to another sailing date at no charge, or refunded to a digital Gift Card for use on a future reservation.
- Passengers who need to make changes to their reservations may do so up to 30-minutes prior to departure, subject to availability.
- Reservations for passengers not checked-in 15 minutes prior to departure may have their tickets released to other passengers.
Tickets may be purchased from our Falmouth dock ticket windows, based on availability, beginning at 8:00AM daily from Memorial Day Weekend through Columbus Day.
Delays & Cancellations
Island Queen does not guarantee that the ferry will depart or arrive at the time stated on the schedule and crossing times may vary. Island Queen at its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to change or cancel any scheduled trip without notice or liability. If a trip is cancelled by Island Queen, unused tickets may be fully refunded or exchanged for a different trip, subject to availability. Island Queen will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by a customer as a result of any change, delay or cancellation.
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to departure for drop-off, parking and check-in.
Reservations for passengers not checked-in 15 minutes prior to departure may have their tickets released to standby passengers.
Parking is available on a first-to-arrive basis and is not reserved with your ferry booking.
- Daily and overnight parking is available beginning at 8:00AM daily.
- General Parking: $20.00 per calendar day (cash only)
- Handicap Parking: $20.00 (day-trips only) at the ferry dock, limited availability.
- All parking lots close approximately 15-minutes after the arrival of our last sailing.
- EMERGENCY LET-OUTS from our parking lots may be available for an additional fee of $20.00 (cash only) by calling 508-958-2230.
- Sailing time is 35 minutes from Falmouth Harbor, Cape Cod to Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard.
- Credit Cards and cash are accepted at the Island Queen ticket windows in Falmouth.
- Cash-only for onboard vessel purchases and for General Parking.
- A full-service Snack Bar is available onboard, offering a variety of snacks, beer, wine, mixed drinks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Restrooms are available onboard the vessel
- Handicap Restrooms are available at our Falmouth dock, prior to departure.
Martha’s Vineyard Sightseeing Tours
Find out more about Martha’s Vineyard Island Tours. The Martha’s Vineyard Sightseeing Tour is a 2-1/2 hour island tour covering the history and beauty of the island and its residents. The island tour includes a thirty minute stop at the Gay Head Cliffs in beautiful Aquinnah. The Cliffs are recognized worldwide for their dazzling red clay and natural beauty. Food & gift items are available at a number of different shops.
For the convenience of our guests traveling aboard the Island Queen Ferry, you may purchase Island Sightseeing Tour Tickets at the Falmouth Dock Ticket Windows.
Pets are welcome, free of charge, if properly leashed or crated.
Sailing with pride for more than 60 Years! If you would like to learn about our company's history and the vessel itself, please click the link below.
There are many modes of transportation available, to connect to the Island Queen Ferry:
In the unlikely event of cancelled sailings due to weather conditions, the Island Queen parking lots will be open for vehicle retrieval, during the hours listed on that day’s sailing schedule. Alternate transportation, including other ferry and taxi services, will be at the passenger’s expense. Passengers are entitled to full refunds on the unused portion of their ferry tickets.
- 2-Hour private charters are available during our Spring & Fall Schedules
- Main Deck features our picture window lounge (forward) suitable for buffet service, snack bar offering premium bar & beverage service (midship) and common area (aft) suitable for music with dancing or fundraising activities such as a silent and live auctions.
- Sun Deck and Mid Deck both offer comfortable rowed seating with outstanding, ever-changing views of Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard
- Clean and well-maintained restrooms
- Public Address System for background music & general announcements
- U. S. Coast Guard Certified
Our beverage service includes a variety of premium spirits, wine, beer, juices and soft drinks. Massachusetts licensing requires that the Island Commuter Corp. provide all beverages on board the M/V Island Queen underway. No alcoholic beverages may be brought on board. Bar purchases are cash only as credit cards are not accepted onboard.
Catering & Entertainment
The charterer of MV Island Queen is responsible for the procurement of all catering and entertainment services. While the vessel does not have a galley on board, the use of Sterno Gel heating cans or electric warming units are permissible. U. S. Coast Guard regulations prevent the use of glass, china or unfixed seating.
Fees & Schedule
$1,400.00 for a 2-hour sailing for up to 200 guests. This fee includes your Captain and Crew. A cash bar is available.
Private Charters are available during our Spring & Fall Schedules. Charters during our Summer Schedule are not available.
The Island Queen Private Charter times are scheduled as follows:
- Monday through Thursday: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Charters are not available on Fridays and Sundays
- The selection of a secondary date is recommended in case weather conditions do not permit us to sail on the primary date.
For more information or to schedule your Private Charter, please contact:
Todd Bidwell, General Manager
Phone: 508-548-4800 Ext. 10
Charter Request Form
Please fill out the Charter Request contact form. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your inquiry!